"Asha leber no ahtamaaaa, prillee doofa dub meee,
Moper dukah pooshie new, adah Cow... MOO!"
In that moment, the joy that filled me was akin to what Beethoven's mother must have felt when he first showed his musical talent. The song had a substance and clearly, to The Skink at least, a story... about a Cow.
As it happens, The Skink's favorite animals happen to be horses and cows. Her favorite toy - the one she doesn't want to sleep without - is a Beanie Baby cow
Iraq's favorite item at the same age was a pink blanket. Lucky for us, the blanket's identical litter mates were sold in every Wal-Mart across the country. Though Iraq no longer requires the constant companionship of the blanket today, I believe we still have about 6 pink blankets tucked safely away in a drawer. Luckily for us, The Skink's reaction to having to go to bed without her prize cow would never reach the magnitude of the melt-downs we used to witness on the few occasions Iraq's pink blanket wasn't ready and waiting in her bed.
Last Christmas I looked everywhere for cow toddler bedding. I found CowBOY and CowGirl bedding, but no plain ol' cow bedding... so I ended up making some.
Yup - found pink and "cow" striped flannel and accented it with a black & white cow print for the bedspread and dust-ruffle.
And yes, she loves it!
Here are some new Skink shots of the day...
The COW is never too far behind... MOO!
With Daddy on the front porch swing.
Skinks -N- Roses
Hypotonia... Skink style!
Just... The Skink!
*








She is beautiful!!! I love the cow bedding!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sue! :o)
ReplyDelete