The Problem:
The Solution (we hope):
The Skink has many talents, and one of her most recently developed talents has been escaping from bed. It's a really neat talent until said Skink realizes she can't climb back IN to her crib. So... today I bit the bullet and made her bed into a toddler bed. I had been considering doing this for a while, but just couldn't quite bring myself to do it.
One reason has been my fear that The Skink will somehow hurt herself while the rest of the house sleeps. The other reason? *sigh*
I admit it. It's tough to let go of my baby. The crib was the last remainder of The Skink's babyhood... and it's hard for mom to let go.
I realize that tonight will be an interesting night. I will probably get up no fewer than 20 times to go check on my cherished Skink and make sure she is safe. Perhaps there will be a time or two I will pick her up off the floor and place her gently back in her little toddler bed. Maybe after hours of worry I will go in to find she has settled to sleep in her bed on her own. Perhaps she will stay up half the night playing with her toys...
Or - knowing The Skink, I'll find all her toys in her bed and The Skink sleeping in the toy box. Whichever way it goes, I'm sure I will update everybody tomorrow.
Sleep well!
*
Oh yikes! That sure is a sign of getting older. She's still your baby though, just a little taller and stronger now. :-) I bet she's going to love the new set-up!
ReplyDeleteLOL! So far she is actually asleep in her bed! She did play a little before she went to sleep, then apparently got in her bed on her own. YAY! We'll just see how the rest of the night goes :o)
ReplyDeleteOH it's hard letting go of the crib. I'm not thinking about that yet. Miss Em's PT mentioned that she would be in a toddler bed soon. Is she crazy???
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so proud of your PROOF pics!! Good for you!! I thought my daughters ballet school was tough. But at least we get to take pics during the dress rehearsal. Of course if your caught with a camera during the show, they WILL take you out back and shoot you!