Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Beautiful Fall Day!

Click on any image to see it in full-size.

As the mother of 3 (2 with special needs) people are always telling me to take more time for myself. Well, because that's never going to happen, I took my kids with me for some "me" time today. I've been saying for weeks that I wanted to drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway and look at the fall colors, so today I loaded 3 unimpressed children in the car. With some whining from the back seat and some exaggerated eye-rolling from the 15-year-old, off we went.

"I don't understand what the big deal is about the leaves. Why do I have to go, anyway?" Broadway groaned from the seat next to me.

"You'll see." I replied and kept right on driving up that big ol' mountain.

And then we got to the scenic overlook. The grumbling magically disappeared and the whining turned into giggles.



The view was amazing and some lonely leaves got jumped in.


And thrown...







Welcome to our world!





Some exploring was done, and Iraq learned first hand why I had wanted her to wear shoes with some treads instead of the pretty flat-soled shoes she chose.



And Broadway even took some pictures...


With his super-zoom lens!



This is what the red barn looked like with MY zoom - LOL!


So next year when mom says, "Get in the car. We're going to look at some beautiful fall foliage," I have a feeling there won't be quite so much grumbling and whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.