The crime scene:
Exhibit #1
The Perp:
Exhibit #2
The Crime:
OK - so I've been fighting severe-bronchitis-bordering-on-pneumonia this week which has left me feeling lousy to say the least, so while hubby was dealing with one of Iraq's mega-meltdowns of epic proportions, I took The Skink and stuck her in a nice bath! I figured I could sit and inhale the nice moist vapors as she got cleaned... yes... I thought.
Well, From my vantage point on the toilet seat lid I can see if The Skink is safe, but as you can see from "Exhibit #1," the sides of the tub are rather high up. The Skink had been neatly scrubbed down already and was having a lovely time splashing and playing in the tub. I sat in my antibiotic and cough medicine-induced stupor and figured as long as I could see her head, that The Skink was safe. I thought...
When The Skink had spent enough time in the bath to become pruney, I rose from my throne only to realize that at some point, Exhibit #2 had created her own #2 and was getting her own kind of mud bath.
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I quickly grabbed my tenacious tot from the tainted tub and set her on the floor to undertake the business of removing her "business" from the tub, thus providing The Skink the perfect opportunity to do this:
So after hosing down the tub with super-hot water, the Perp got her own (not-quite-so-hot) hose-down with plenty of soap!
So much for a nice, relaxing bed-time bath! I've been coughing so much since this little adventure it's a wonder my lungs are still on the inside of my rib cage!
But...
she's clean now, and she looks far too innocent to convict.
Uh... could that be a naughty little gleam in her eye?
Nahhhhhh...
*




Oh that story just kills me. I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but...it's hilarious. Hugs and hope you feel better!
ReplyDeletethat's a very naughty gleam. What a lousy way for the bath to turn out when you're feeling so crummy. Feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteOOOOOH NOOOO! I'm so sorry!! I'm hoping you can get some NEEDED rest! On A brighter note you have a great bathroom. Love the color and the TUB!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously take care of yourself!
Hello there,
ReplyDeleteThis post is just too cute! Her face is adorable! Thanks for your action-capturing pictures!
I am writing to you on behalf of Tony Lyons, author of 1,001 Tips for the Parents of Autistic Girls: Everything You Need to Know About Diagnosis, Doctors, Schools, Taxes, Vacation, Treatment, Food, and More. 1,001 Tips guides parents through what to do from when they first suspect their daughter may have autism, to coping with the first diagnosis, to following up with comprehensive evaluation, continuing education, and treatment. And Lyons wrote 1,001 Tips with the help of bloggers like you!
You can find more information about the book here.
Over the past few weeks, I have spent a great deal of time getting to know the blog landscape of the autism community and I absolutely love “Adasperdown Town.” You have beautiful photo skills, which makes it a joy to peruse and your kids are so cute!
I would like to invite you to be part of our upcoming blog tour about the book. It would incredible to have a mom with a daughter on the spectrum sound off on the book. The sky's the limit as to the content of your post, although it would be amazing to get your feedback on some of the 1,001 tips and perhaps even a favorite or two! You may also choose to do a Q&A or select a chapter that resonates with you or your readers. It really is up to you.
I can send you a free electronic copy of the book right away as well as a hard copy to thank you for being part of the tour. Some bloggers choose to offer the book as a giveaway to their readers and I think that's a great idea!
I would be thrilled if ”Adasperdown Town” were included in our upcoming blog tour and I'm here to answer any questions you may have. Hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you,
Kay Albers
http://www.1001autismtips.com/
http://twitter.com//1001autismtips