Saturday, June 26, 2010

New Garden Pictures

Well, the strawberries have officially gone nuts!

They are absolutely sweet and delicious...


BUT...
They are trying to take over the pepper's planter... Can you see that?? The strawberry plant is sending away-teams out of the planter in all directions now.

And from the looks of things, I'll be needing some good tomato recipes soon... we're going to have tons!

These were supposed to be cherry tomatoes... but they apparently cross-pollinated with the regular size plants. They'll definitely be the largest cherry-tomatoes we've ever had :o)

And I don't know how to pickle peppers, but we'll surely have a *peck* of them if Peter Piper comes around.

And the cantaloupe seems to be doing quite well too. I cut back English Ivy to plant them in this area... the ivy doesn't have a chance against this stuff!


And, it looks like we'll soon have a few carnation flowers to enjoy. You simply can't plant a garden with a little girl without planting a few flowers (that don't turn into food).


Summer camp is going well, and Broadway came home from his week in WVA at JROTC camp. He had a GREAT time!!

*

2 comments:

  1. all those fresh fruits & veggies look delicious! Sure wish I lived closer to you to taste test them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you make marinara sauce, add rosemary along with minced onions and garlic cloves. Add clam juice to it as well because that is the traditional ingredient to authentic marinara sauce. I hope that this helps.

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.