Every now and then when my hubby becomes tired of the mess that is our home office, a little bratty streak will rear its ugly head. On more than one occasion I have found the "piles" of clutter neatly sitting on my chair or desk - his passive-aggressive way of asking me to clean up the office. Generally it's not just my stuff, but the random items the kids have tossed into our office.
It drives me NUTS!!
On most of these occasions I have responded by politely (or not) letting my husband know that the Barbie purse and its contents don't actually happen to belong to ME and that because he did his part to help create the children, that makes the responsibility of cleaning up their mess part his responsibility by default!
So this morning when I found my desk like this:
I nearly blew a gasket! I grabbed my camera out of the mess, took pictures (I think that's probably pretty obvious) and started working up in my mind how I was going to approach this with my hubby. Pink camera: NOT mine! Little blue purse full of toy jewelry: NOT mine! Hair products: NOT mine! And the Comet cleaner? That's HIS for heaven's sake!!
Sure - I realize the mess gets out of hand, but I was in bed a lot of this past week with some heart problems! I couldn't even stand upright, never mind clean something. (Yes - I'm much better now... thank you for asking.)
Boy - I had the scathing monologue running through my mind as I started uploading the above picture from my camera card to my computer! I knew exactly what I was going to say to him... right up until the first pictures started flashing up on the screen... like this one...
Yes... that's the little girl who does NOT have permission to go in the office OR use my camera because she broke my last camera. The little pink princess camera is hers!
BUT apparently...
Needless to say, this time the hubby will not be getting in trouble. Someone else will, though! For whatever reason, Iraq is going through a stage where she insists on doing everything she knows she isn't supposed to. She has been punished for each and every act of insolence, but the behavior persists.
*sigh*
If you don't hear from me soon, there's a good chance I'll be back in bed with more heart issues...
*










haha, totally busted! ;-0
ReplyDeleteDon't even kid about the heart issues!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know in my house there is someone named "somebody". This person randomly enters our home and screws things up. maybe "somebody" can to visit you ! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Does she know how to use the camera's visual effects such as black-and-white and sepia, which are both great for making vintage looking pictures, especially when black tea is lightly brushed on the paper when the ink dries. Coffee grinds can also be sprinkled on the paper when it is drying. I am an aspergian as well.
ReplyDelete