Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good News!

Today we went for another barium enema. (Gee - what FUN that is!!) Instead of using wheelchairs at this hospital, they have these things that look like giant plastic strollers  that look like they just might be made by LittleTikes. I got to go for a ride with The Skink on my lap. Of course I couldn't resist challenging an elderly lady in another chair to a race.

Following the procedure, we put The Skink on the toilet and told her to go potty... and go potty she did! Of course all the enema stuff came out, but so did a lot of stuff we had hoped would come out quite some time ago.

YAY!

After all of this, The Skink was clearly feeling MUCH better! She has been laughing and playing all afternoon without any signs of the stabbing pains. The barium enema showed there does not seem to be any blockage left, but there is some swelling which is probably what caused her pain yesterday. This swelling may have been preventing the passing of all that collected "stuff" in there.

There is a chance we'll be going home tonight! After feeding The Skink some crackers, she did show some signs of discomfort, but if she's still got some swelling in there, it would make sense things aren't feeling quite perfect just yet.

We want to thank everybody SO much for all the thoughts and prayers! I'll update again as soon as I can.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.