Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday Skink Update



The hubby took "night shift" last night and apparently The Skink had a "spell" at around 4:00 a.m. A doctor came in this morning before I got to the hospital and told my husband they now believe The Skink has viral pneumonia... not great news. Initially they believed the pneumonia was only up in the upper right lobe of the lungs, but now they say it is pretty much spread throughout the lungs. I mean, hey - if you're a nasty virus, why stop with Rome when you can play Alexander the Great and take over distant lands, right?

The good news it that there are signs of improvement. The oxygen has been turned down slightly - they had been running 8 liters at 100% - not sure if I said that right in medical-speak. I guess it's
a little like driving 100 MPH on the autobahn.

They have pushed back her soonest-possible release date to Tuesday... ish. That will be subject to change.

As for me? Gee - I'm tired. I sleep at night, but worry creeps into my dreams and shakes me back to consciousness every so often. Worry is naughty that way. Tonight it will be my turn to take the night shift. I brought my Pink Panther jammies for the occasion. I wanna look cute and youthful as I trot back and forth from the public restroom at all hours of the night. (LOL)

The Skink stayed awake for a little while this morning when Iraq and Mimi came to visit.

I brought The Skink's cow puppet. It ate her other toys.

The puppet did allow Iraq to climb into the bed. Good cow!

Card-eating cow... eating cards.

A profile of two sisters.

Make that two sisters and two cows...

We can certainly use your prayers and healing thoughts right now. Viral pneumonia doesn't respond to antibiotics. The Skink's little body has to fight this bug to get rid of it. She was a small 5-year-old to begin with, weighing only about 29 lbs. before coming down with this illness. She weighed 27 lbs last Wednesday. She has not eaten anything other than 18 goldfish crackers, about 12 french fries and 2 cups of applesauce since then.

If you have are or know some prayer-warriors, we can use all the help we can get right now.

Hugs to all -

*

5 comments:

  1. *HUGS* Sending prayers for your little Skink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on in there. Prayers for everyone, I am sure they are all missing you and Skink and normal life as much as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers sent out to the Mother Goddess. Hope she gets well soon, poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs! Praying for the skink!
    Rock out in your pink panther jammies!
    Hope you can break out of there soonish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep checking for updates. I hope the Skink is feeling better, and headed home (if not there already) soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.