Saturday, May 26, 2012

Quick, Wet Update

I'm exhausted after a fun day at the lake, and the "writing" part of my brain doesn't seem to be functioning well at this point. Thank goodness a picture is worth 1,000 words, right?

As soon as Iraq got into the water today, The Skink wanted to follow right along, so we put her life vest on her and threw her in let her climb into the water with her sister. They had a blast!






Shortly after this picture was taken, I had to run up to the house (I'd had a lot of coffee). When I came back down, my older daughter was missing. According to my mom (who was watching the children while I was in the house), one of her neighbors swung by on a jet-ski and stole her away to go play with his granddaughter of the same age. Pretty cool when a play date starts with being picked up by a jet-ski!


The Skink was happy enough in the inflatable pool for the rest of the afternoon... though she shed her bathing suit at some point. In order not to offend my audience (or provide an unwanted source of "interest" for yucky people), I have airbrushed out certain anatomical parts in some places, and added leaves and flowers in others. 


One of the neatest things about The Skink is that a pool of water and a small green bucket can keep her entertained for hours! She spent at least an hour dumping water over her own head, and later traded the green bucket for two blue cups. Hey - whatever works, right?

I'm the queen of the bucket!  (Airbrushed! That's right... I removed my child's "chest parts." The picture was just so cute that I had to share it - these are the times I wish she had been "better dressed" for the occasion.)




After a fun, naked and watery afternoon for The Skink, we dried off and put some clothes on her. 
Soon after, Iraq was returned to us like this:


Not too shabby, huh?

OK - I'm off to bed. Wishing you all a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.