Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Child With Down Syndrome May Never Learn To Read (and other lies your doctor tells you)

Rarely a day goes by that I roll my eyes, remembering all the things a certain doctor informed me that my child with Down syndrome might never do or achieve.

"Your daughter may never learn to read. I'm sorry," he said as he broke the news about my then week-old daughter's test results.

Right.

Maybe if we locked her in a closed and fed her scraps through a hole in the wall.

The Skink is currently 5 years 7 months old and in kindergarten. We no longer patronize pessimistic pediatricians, period!




 Enjoy this blog? Let me know by voting on TopMommyBlogs! 
Follow the link and scroll down until you find Adasperdown Town.
*

1 comment:

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.