Friday, November 12, 2010

To Dora's House We Go

So... when Iraq got home from school today, I talked to her about letting the Dora house stay in The Skink's room for a bit. I told her she could play with it all she liked, but that it would be wonderful if The Skink could play with it too. I remeasured her that I didn't think The Skink could break the house because it is made for little children.

"OK, but only for 2 hours!" was Iraq's response. Since Iraq really doesn't grasp time yet, I wasn't too worried.

So, when The Skink got home, they played... together! The Skink made the music play and both girls danced. The Skink fed the family dinner and Iraq lined all the chairs up neatly at the table.

And Iraq got plenty of praise for sharing with her sister. And all was well...


...until the completely unrelated nuclear meltdown later in the evening.

When Broadway called to be picked up from his after-school activities, Iraq wanted to stay home. I said "no" and Iraq went from zero to full-blown-fit in about three-one-hundredths of one second. At that point I had little choice but to lock her into her room... which she tore apart...

The great news is that she calmed down in only 1 hour and 15 minutes. yay.

So, that's life in the trenches.

*

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...those are such cute photos of them playing together! I love moments like those!
    Meltdowns suck!

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.