Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fall Fun and a Giveaway from Rebecca's Soap Delicatessen!

Since the hubby was working today, I loaded the kids up and took them to Mimi and Pop's house. I have found it's usually nice to have some "back-up" on the days I would otherwise have the kids to myself. The drive from our house to theirs is quite beautiful through the rolling hills and mountain passes. Unfortunately, as with many kids in the autism spectrum, Iraq's tummy isn't quite as thrilled with rolling hills. We made it most of the way before an emergency detour. The only place I could pull off quickly enough was in someone's driveway. I felt badly for my daughter, but even worse for the owner of the flowers that were getting a rather unusual sort of late-season fertilizer comprised of scrambled eggs and milk.

Broadway was the one who jumped out to hold his little sister's hair back while she... well... you know. What an awesome big brother he is! We were kind of out in the country so I wanted to stay behind the wheel just in case we started hearing banjos.

Just as we were about to leave, a lady came out of the house. I could feel the flush rising in my cheeks as she approached, and I fumbled for something to say. Just as I blurted out "I am SO sorry!" I saw the lady hold out a wet towel for Iraq to wipe off her face. You can't beat the people around here for kindness!

Iraq's tummy settled right down following our little detour, and the interior of the car and I were very thankful! Iraq was feeling so good, in fact, she jumped at the chance to go out on Mimi and Pop's electric boat. Driving around the area is a great way to see the fall colors, but boating about affords an even more spectacular experience to leaf and lake lovers alike.


And we even got to see some lovely geese as they rested along their migratory path.





And after the boat ride and a brief nap for The Skink, Mimi got the rake out and created the perfect pile of leaves to jump in!


And after the pile had been jumped flat, The Skink made sure it was piled back up for more jumping action.



Ready... JUMP!




You know what the neat thing about a pile of leaves is? In order to be a perfect pile of leaves, it doesn't matter what the leaves look like. Some are big and some are small, some fat and some thin, some are only parts of leaves and each one has it's very own color. Together, they are beautiful, and perfect to soften one's landing after a big leap. And that's the way it should be!

And after jumping in the leaves, The Skink took the opportunity to partially strip, because... well... why not?


And now for that giveaway! A lot of my readers are also parents to children with special needs. Kids or no, we all have plenty of every day stresses. My friend Rebecca makes hand-made natural soaps, and let me tell you... she has an amazing way with creating the most delicious combinations of fragrances!

She's got something for just about everyone! Does your child with Down syndrome have dry, red cheeks in the winter? Rebecca's Soap Delicatessen has an entire line of natural Shea soaps just for dry skin. Do you or your child in the autism spectrum have highly sensitive skin? Try her all natural soaps or her goat's milk line of products. Just look how beautiful they are, too!


 
Rebecca has kindly offered up a $25 Git Certificate to one lucky commenter! Check out her entire selection at her Etsy Shop! You can also click on any of the above soap images and you will be directed to her online store. Rebecca is also running her own contest which you can read about here: Awesome Soap Deli Contest.

So - be sure to leave a comment on this blog. On Monday evening I will do a random drawing of all those who commented and I'll announce the winner of the $25 Gift Certificate at that time. If you don't have a Google account, you may leave a comment on my FaceBook page to be eligible for the drawing.

*

53 comments:

  1. Oh neat, what an exciting give-away!
    Your photos are gorgeous! What a beautiful spot! I love the ones of your daughters playing in the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never gotten to play in a giant pile of leaves like that before, now Iam determined! :P And those soaps sound wonderful, i'll have to check them out :]

    misswendythirteen [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for offering this - I wish I'd stocked up on her french vanilla pear before she discontinued it. That was the finest soap ever.

    ky2here at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try this soap. I am a soap junky. lol

    itsjustme62613 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful - kids and scenery both. Rebecca's Soaps look wonderful too.
    mcgillrmcgill(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love homemade soap! These look great. busymomblog at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look gorgeous! I have extraordinarily sensitive skin which spends much of the winter red and chapped. These soaps look like they'd help keep my hands moisturized!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard looks beautiful and your children seem to be enjoying the fall leaves! I also adore your
    birdbath is delightful! Rebecca's soap is pretty and I adore handmade soap...
    Many thanks, Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love goat milk soap. It is the best soap for your skin.

    rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those pictures are so nice! My daughter would love to just jump in there! suelee1998 @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful big brother! Love the pictures - you have quite an eye! I'd like to try the Natural Patchouli Shea Butter Soap - Cream Colored Cold Process Soap Bar with Pure Essential Oils. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HORTON111@AOL.COM

    I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE Orange and Ginger Spice Goat Milk and Shea Butter Cold Process Soap - Lovely Orange Colored Bar - Warm Deliciously Scented Fragrance

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the first time I read your blog. You are a very talented writer and your children are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try the Coconut and Lime Shea and Cocoa Butter Soap.

    choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pics, could almost smell the fall.
    thank you for chance to win.
    tattgiff at centurytel dot net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Personally, I would love to try the Hot Toddy soap! I have a candle that smells like that and I'm half-way tempted to eat it!
    kristiana @ live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to try the coconut and lime shea soap.
    shawnac68@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to get in line for some of that soap! I'm Summertree from Shoco/Hajinc.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dry skin is a problem for me in the wintertime. I would love to try some of her soaps.

    stanleybilly(at)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love her soaps---first I use them to scent the drawers in my dresser for a few days, then I use them to scent me in the shower---so they are dual purpose soaps for me.

    farrell@crosslake.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. All her stuff looks amazing! I'd love to try the Nannys Pumpkin Pie Goat Milk and Shea Butter Soap. I bet it smells divine!

    hebert024 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great photos ... on what looks to be a perfect fall day. Love the happy faces of your children! :)

    Thanks for hosting this giveaway!

    reducefootprints at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I likeGlycerin Bayberry Shea Butter Soap - Limited Edition Yellow and Orange Soap Bar

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love reading about your adventures! I love that the Skink decided to strip. Sounds like something I would have done too. As a kid I was always running around without a shirt.

    When I'm not broke and trying to figure out how to eat, I am definitely checking out those soaps.

    staciamkilpatrick at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoyed your fall leaf pics and your precious kidlets! Thank you! ;)
    Clownscrytoo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the detour story, I can definitely imagine it.. Great blog, I love reading the adventures of your kids!

    traleemurphy at gmail dot com

    (Lazydog on Hajinc)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow those pictures are so clear and what a lovely family time memory! Those soaps look good enough to eat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your pics. This is a great giveaway. I enjoy homemade goats milk soaps.Thanks for the chance to win

    crazyred61 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really nice soap! And I like your photos too. I'm not read y for fall to end but it is, lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh no I haven't jumped in a giant pile of leaves yet this year. Must do. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the Big Lick Salt Cold Process Bar Soap...and jumping in piles of leaves. Great shop and contest, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All of the soaps look so fantastic! If I'm the lucky winner it will be very hard to choose! Thank you for the lovely giveaway.

    sewmuchstuff at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'd love to try some of these great soaps.

    theolotto@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  34. It look like you had a great time. There is something so magical about a big pile of leaves. I can't keep my boys out of them!
    I would love to try the Seduced by Sugar Shea Butter Soap - Sweet Pink Candied Sugar Scent!
    lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Orange and Ginger Spice Goat Milk and Shea Butter Soap sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Although I don't have a child with autism, I am a foster parent to a special needs adult. I'm sure she'd love to try this as she does have sensitive skin. Thank you for the beautiful fall pictures. Looks like an awesome time!
    michelle (at) harrisbb (dotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks like your girls had fun! The soaps look beautiful and sound wonderful on sensitive skin. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)aol(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like this one:
    Unscented Oatmeal and Shea Butter Soap - All Natural Exfoliating Cold Process Soap Bar - Unscented and Fragrance Free Suitable for Sensitive Skin - Terrific for Facial and Body Acne

    ReplyDelete
  39. The tequila Sour Salt Bar soap sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  40. unscented oatmeal ty.
    vivianbl@olg.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. i love bath and body products, thanks for the giveaway
    susansmoaks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love scented soaps and the ones at Rebecca's Delicatessen sound really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I always like trying new and different soaps
    ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I would love to try these soaps. They sound wonderful. Thanks. garrettsambo@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. After visiting Rebecca's Soap Delicatessen etsy shop I am so excited about trying these soaps. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love trying new soap Thanks for the contest!

    s2s2 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow via GFC...I would love to try the Falling for You Shea and Cocoa Butter Soap - Great for Eczema and Dry Skin - Cold Process Soap.
    yummyfaerie at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the soaps and the Big Lick Salt Cold Process Bar Soap with Shea and Cocoa Butters - Great Man Scent - Masculine Colored Blue is my fav!!
    freebiegoddess03@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. The winner has been announced :o)

    Please see my newest blog at:
    http://adasperdown.blogspot.com/2010/11/joy-of-sox-and-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'd love to win soap! Enjoyed the photos on your blog. I miss real fall with beautiful leaves.

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.