While I realize that much of the rest of the country in already in school, my 3 will start on the day after Labor Day. I just got their bus schedules... Broadway gets picked up around 8:15 and comes home just before 4. Sounds good. Iraq gets picked up at 7:17 and gets home just before 3. Cool. The Skink gets picked up at 6:15 and comes home at 3:20... say WHAT??
The Skink? That's my 4-year-old! Pre-K! Special Ed! Isn't that kind of a long day for a Skink? And what will I do without her? And what will I do with all that FREEDOM? I haven't had that kind of freedom... since, like, college?
I have a feeling this is going to be a bit of culture shock for me. Then again, I have a long list of things I've been wanting to do, if only I had more... TIME! I know this lady - one of The Skink's therapists from before she went to school - and she has a HORSE! Do I see more horse in my future?
And there are a few books I've been meaning to write, and some exercise I've been meaning to get, and a house I've been meaning to clean, and some groceries I've been meaning to buy, and oil I need to have changed, and laundry... OK - so maybe I'll have plenty of things to do.
Yesterday we went to the lake for some fun. The Skink LOVES the boat. She LIVES for the boat :o)
Like you couldn't tell from the picture... right?
And after dinner, the kids all took advantage of Mimi and Pop's front yard which has a lovely slope I'm glad I don't have to mow! In Texas the children never played in the grass due to the nasty little critters known as fire ants. A fire ant bite feels much like a bee sting, and if you happen upon a fire ant, you'll know they like to travel in packs... and bite in packs.
Thus, this whole VA play-in-the-grass thing is a newly found joy for the kids.
And exploring is a great way to get a bunch of grown-ups to test their running abilities...
If you look in the background, you can see Broadway bringing The Skink back from her adventure.
So - Happy Weekend!
*






you have quite a laundry list of things you plan to accomplish with all3 kids at school! I hope you get it all accomplished and good thinking to take a trip to the lake. The kids (and you) will love having those memories. :-)
ReplyDelete