Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday Night Skink-in-the-Hospital Update

*sigh* They wouldn't let us go home tonight. Honestly, I really appreciate that they want to err on the side of caution and watch her for one more night. She was allowed to eat real food this evening and I suppose they want to make sure it's actually going all the way through. In the mean time, we have gone through an entire package of diapers since the enema - LOL! Yes, this is one of the only times in my life that I'll tell you that it is a good thing!

The Skink is SO much happier than she has been in the last week or so and clearly far more comfortable. YAY!

Unfortunately, there will continue to be a risk that the condition can come back in the future. Goodness knows - I'll probably be running her in for every case of mild constipation. Better safe than sorry! I'm just so happy she's doing so well right now!

1 comment:

  1. Here I was hoping you were going home. Hang in there, glad to hear she is feeling better. She is so cute even when she doesn't feel good.

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.