Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Skink is in the Hospital - Boooo!

The Skink has been having tummy trouble for the last week or so, but as this is not an uncommon thing for kids, we didn't really thing much of it until she started having stabbing pains in her abdomen. I took her to the doctor on Thursday and he believed she was constipated and sent us home with a prescription for some laxatives.

Three days later, the stabbing pains were even worse and she was vomiting. Needless to say, on Saturday I took her to the ER and after x-rays and 2 unsuccessful enemas, she was admitted. Now she is passing only liquid, and the "stuff" the x-ray showed backed up inside of her has not come out. An NG tube put some more laxatives in from the "north" to no avail. We are now awaiting more tests.

Despite the pain and being stuck in the hospital, The Skink still finds things to laugh at. Your prayers are much appreciated. I'll do my best to update everyone as I can.

Hangin' with mommy.




Wish us luck!

*

2 comments:

  1. oh my !!! Poor sweetness! Sending prayers, keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.