Monday, July 18, 2011

Bursting With Summer

With temperatures in the 90's today, summer is bursting forth with pyrotechnic-like zeal.


It's the perfect weather to nestle in the shade of a giant tree,


And explore entire microcosms in the neighbor's yard.


Iraq is growing like one of summer's beautiful flowers. Sometimes she is sweet and brilliant,


while other times, she can be single-minded, nervous and prone to stinging those that try to redirect her attentions from her passions.


But we're hanging in there.


The Skink is doing well. She's apparently going through "a stage." She is testing her limits (and mine) by screaming when she doesn't get what she wants. If I ask her to do something she doesn't want to do, she stomps her little food obstinately.


She knows what she wants and what she doesn't want. Sometimes she wants to hit the precious little boy next door, just to hear the poor little guy cry. This fascinates her. She also tries to mimic his cry, and will run to his mommy for comfort... though the entire thing is a ruse.


I don't mind her running somewhere else for comfort, but I do mind the screaming, stomping and hitting! She's been in time out about 6 times so far today. She doesn't seem to mind. At least nowhere near as much as I do.


Little turkey!


As for me, I'm doing better every day (as far as I can tell). My test results showed that my potassium was dangerously low and causing problems with my heart and other muscles. Now that I'm taking enough potassium and iron to poison a small elephant, my health seems to be slowly returning. Yay! Hopefully we'll got to go camping again soon since I seem to be on the mend. I'm aching to sit by a glowing camp fire - to smell the pungent smoke from the burning wood and to taste juicy hotdogs fresh off the grill. I can't wait to go to sleep with the sounds of crickets and rustling leaves in my ears, and wake to a fairy world covered in sparkling dew.

What are your favorite things about summer?



Enjoy this blog? Let me know by voting on TopMommyBlogs!
Follow the link and scroll down until you find Adasperdown Town.
*

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are feeling better!! I have Cardiology on the 26th and I'm thinking I'm going to give myself an apprehension related heart attack before then!!

    Can I just say that I got really excited when I saw the first photo? It's because I've got an almost identical photo of the same flower. Pretty cool considering we live on opposite sides of the world!

    Hold tight with Skink's new phase - I'm sure she'll decide that it isn't working for her before you self combust from frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously! You're in my head, go read my latest post.

    Love this, love summertime, love camping and fairies!!! I don't think we are going to make it camping this year :( Hope you do!!

    The kids look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.