Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The One That Got Away

So we are potty training The Skink for the 3rd time. Yes - she was fully potty trained last October, and then ended up in the Pediatric ICU with a nasty case of pneumonia. As far as potty training, the timing couldn't have been worse... but is there ever a good time to end up in the PICU?

We got her potty trained again, but then guess what? She developed pneumonia AGAIN!

After her 2nd hospitalization, she lost interest in the whole potty thing. She would use the toilet if we took her there and planted her upon it, but she would also use her pull-up in between bathroom visits. *sigh*

Now that school is out for the year, I am making potty training a top priority! No if's, and's... and tons of butts!

The Skink has been doing fairly well... provided I remember to take her to the bathroom every hour on the hour. She has made some mistakes, and while we have always rewarded her for using the potty, we are now doling out a mild punishment when she makes a mistake... you know - trying to up the ante!

We had a great day today with no accidents at all... until this evening. You see, The Skink has not been initiating using the bathroom on her own. She usually waits until I ask her. It put a red flag up when she started trucking up the stairs in the middle of her favorite show. So I stopped her with the intention of "checking" the situation out.

As I pulled her drawers to the side to peek, something escaped...

...and then...

rolled...

down...

the...

stairs...


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh!

Yes - I had to chase poop as it rolled down the carpeted stairs in my home!

Ah - the things we do as parents!


As cute as she is, she got in some BIG trouble... after I was done gagging...

*

1 comment:

  1. The mental image of you chasing poopndown the stairs wil keep me entertained for the rest if the day at work!

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you get to say something! I'd love to hear from you.