*Click the images to make them larger.
The Skink has been a big fan of Cows for a long time now. Back when she was still in her crib, I looked high and low for some Cow Bedding for her, but couldn't find anything that was truly cow-centric.
I found "Cow Girl" bedding and "Cow Boy" bedding, but nothing that was girly yet totally bovine... so I made some.
I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not the best seamstress in the world. It's not "perfect" but it's a one-of-a-kind set, it was made with tons of love, and it will fit any standard-size crib. The sheets are soft flannel - multi-colored stripes with a stripe of cow print every so often. It comes with a fitted bottom sheet, the top sheet is fitted on the "foot" side of the bed to make it easy to use and keep it in place. The pillow case is extra long so the end can be folded back into the inside to hold it on securely on the pillow.
The comforter and the ruffle are made from the same cow-print fabric. The dust ruffle is extra-long so it will brush the ground even if the mattress is on a higher setting for young babies.
Honestly, I had never planned of selling or giving away this set. The Skink only used it for a few months before switching to a "big girl" bed (and no - I haven't yet located cow bedding for her new bed).
So why am I giving this adorable set away?
We are not a wealthy family. We don't have a lot to give, but there is a little girl in an Eastern European orphanage who will be headed to a dismal mental institution very soon unless we can find her a family and help raise funds so that family can bring her home. See This Blog Entry for more information. I can't let This happen to her!
For sweet Josephine, I am willing to try to move mountains. I need your help to do that!
1. To be considered for this Cow Bedding Set, you must *FIRST* make a donation to Josephine's fund HERE. Leave me your first comment which will be considered your first entry. (Just think how far we'd get if everyone could put just $10 towards this little girl's life and future. That's the equivalent of less than 2 meals at a fast food restaurant. Every little bit adds up!)
For additional entries you may leave a separate comment for each of the following:
2. Share this blog on FaceBook, then leave me a comment to tell me.
3. Blog about Josephine and encourage your readers to make a donation. Leave me a comment with the link.
4. Tweet about this blog entry to raise more awareness for Josephine and leave me a comment with the info.
5. "Follow" my blog and then leave me a comment to let me know.
6. Share this with any of your friends who might be interested in the bedding and get them to visit my blog!
You will have one entry for the give away for each of the above mentioned comments. You will also know that you have done something today to help someone who needs help badly.
As of March 31, 2011, Josephine's fund is at $60.00. This will be the first in a series of giveaways to help raise that number. I'm also proud to announce that Darya's mommy, Marianne is partnering with me to help raise funds for Josephine too!
Lets see how high we can get this fund by the end of April, and God willing, we'll find Josephine a family also! The winner of the bedding will be announced on April 30. Tell a friend!